By: Bethany Brown
What is an essential oil? Well, the short answer for that question is the life blood of a plant. Without essential oils (EO), plants die. Plants use EOs to protect themselves from diseases, parasites, predators, and the full gamut of what is capable of injuring or killing them. What is amazing is that these EOs can and do protect people from the same things! EOs were the original medicines on this planet and will probably be the final medicines on this planet. A short list of the “anti” characteristics of EOs, (Life Science Publishing, 2011): Antibiotic, Anticatarrhal, Anti-emetic, Antihistamine, Anti-inflammatory, Antilithic, Antimicrobial, Antineuralgic, Antioxidant, Antipyretic, Antisclerotic, Antiseptic, Antispasmodic, Antitoxic, Antitussive, and Antiviral (Life Science Publishing, 2011, p. 6.15). What this means, without pulling out a medical dictionary, is EOs have your health covered.
EOs may be used on everything from cleaning and cooking to hygiene, first aid, and emotional health. EOs are even a proven method to cure Cancer without any of the horrible side effects of radiating your body (pubmed.gov). EOs destroy MRSA (Methicillin -resistant Staphylococcus aureus) (Chao, Young, Oberg, & Nakaoka, 2008), kill 99.996% of airborne bacteria (Chao, Oberg, & Young, 1998), and ultimately aid our bodies to do the job they were designed to do without introducing toxins and killing us in the process.
Besides the most important fact that EOs are the safer option when compared to medications (no side-effects, no reported deaths, no addiction, etc.), medicinal stocks will expire within about three years; when properly stored, EOs never expire. NEVER. While it is a great idea to take control of your family’s health now, EOs will be a hot commodity if it ever comes to the point that medical care is not available. Now is the time to build your “pharmacy.”
It is important to note here that not all distillers of essential oils are created equal. When you are depending on the quality of a product to keep you and your family healthy and to not further injure you, you want to find a company with a proven track record and legitimate standards and testing. All of Young Living Essential Oils have been tested by AFNOR (Association French Normalization Organization Regulation) as Grade A, and further tested to be considered therapeutic grade. Only 10% of the pure EOs in the United States are considered Grade A, and only 2% are considered therapeutic grade. 98% of the therapeutic grade EOs in the United States are made by Young Living. Grade B is food grade and Grade C is perfume grade. Where AFNOR standards end is where Young Living Standards begin. They guarantee that everything from the soil and the seeds used in planting to the point where the EOs are bottled is free of synthetics, pesticides, fertilizers, and extenders, which all contribute to an albeit cheaper oil, but dangerous mix that may cause dangerous health hazards. Any EOs that do not meet their standards in testing are dumped. After doing extensive research on my own, Young Living Essential Oils are the only EOs I will let even close to my family. Please ask me if you have any questions about this information (fb.com/essentiallyoiled).
While it would be awesome to have copious amounts of all of the 160 plus single EOs and blends that Young Living makes, below is a “Top 20” list to take with you once your medicine cabinet is all you’ve got:
TOP FOUR (in order)
#1 Frankincense: Uses: Depression, cancer, respiratory infections, inflammation, immune-stimulating (Life Science Publishing, 2011, p. 2.40)
#2 Peppermint: Uses: Rheumatism/arthritis, respiratory infections (pneumonia, tuberculosis, etc.), obesity, viral infections (herpes simplex, herpes zoster, cold sores, human papilloma virus, etc.), fungal infections/Candida, digestive problems, headaches, nausea, skin conditions (itchy skin, varicose veins, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis), scoliosis/lumbago/back problems (Life Science Publishing, 2011, p. 2.73)
#3 Lavender: Uses: Respiratory infections, high blood pressure, arteriosclerosis, menstrual problems/PMS, skin conditions (perineal repair, acne, eczema, psoriasis, scarring, stretch marks), burns, hair loss, insomnia, nervous tension (Life Science Publishing, 2011, p. 2.51)
#4 Helichrysum: Uses: Herpes virus, arteriosclerosis, atherosclerosis, hypertension, blood clots, liver disorders, circulatory disorders, skin conditions (eczema, psoriasis scar tissue, varicose veins) (Life Science Publishing, 2011, p. 2.47)
The rest (in no particular order)
* Thieves (blend of Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon bark, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary): Uses: “Highly antiviral, antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-infectious.” (Life Science Publishing, 2011, p. 2.130). Used for Teething, Insect Bites, Congestion, Prevent Infection, Sore Throat, Prevents Colds/Flu, Kills Viruses/Germs/Mold, Household Cleaner, Hastens Healing, Rids Phlegm, Removes Cold Sores
* R.C. (blend of Eucalyptus (E. globulus), Eucalyptus (E. radiata), Eucalyptus (E. citriodora), Myrtle, Pine, Spruce, Marjoram, Lavender, Cypress, and Peppermint): Uses: “Gives relief from colds, bronchitis, sore throats, sinusitis, coughs, and respiratory congestion. It decongests sinus passages, combats lung infections, and relieves allergy symptoms.” (Life Science Publishing, 2011, p. 2.124)
* Melrose (blend of Melaleuca (M. alternifolia), Niauli (Melaleuca quinquenervia), Rosemary, and Clove) Uses: “This is a blend of four essential oils that have strong antiseptic properties to cleanse and disinfect cuts, scrapes, burns, rashes, and bruised tissue. These oils help regenerate damaged tissue and reduce inflammation. It is powerful when diffused to dispel odors, purify the air, and protect against daily radiation bombardment.” (Life Science Publishing, 2011, p. 2.121). Pink eye & ear infections.
* DiGize (blend of Tarragon, Ginger, Peppermint, Juniper, Fennel, Lemongrass, Anise, and Patchouli) Uses: ” Indigestion, heartburn, gas, and bloating. It helps fights Candida and it kills and digests parasite infestation.” (Life Science Publishing, 2011, p. 2.102). Nausea and vomiting.
* Raven (blend of Ravintsara, Eucalyptus (E. radiate), Peppermint, Wintergreen, and Lemon) Uses: “The oils of this blend fight against respiratory disease and infections such as tuberculosis, influenza, and pneumonia. It is highly antiviral and antiseptic.” (Life Science Publishing, 2011, p. 2.124)
* Purification (blend of Citronella, Lemongrass, Lavandin, Rosemary, Melaleuca, and Myrtle) Uses: “Cleanses and disinfects the air and neutralizes mildew, cigarette smoke, and disagreeable odors. It disinfects and cleanses cuts, scrapes, and bites from spiders, bees, hornets, and wasps.” (Life Science Publishing, 2011, p. 2.123). Repels bugs.
* Copaiba: Uses: Pain relief (strong anti-inflammatory), arthritis, rheumatism, skin disorders, insect bites, stomach distress, urinary disorders, sore throat (Life Science Publishing, 2011, p. 2.27). Copaiba has been found to have 200x the anti-inflammatory power of over-the-counter NSAIDS.
* Oregano: Uses: Arthritis/rheumatism respiratory infectious diseases, infections/tuberculosis, digestive problems (Life Science Publishing, 2011, p. 2.69)
* Balsam Fir: Uses: Throat/lung/sinus infections, fatigue, arthritis/rheumatism, urinary tract infections, scoliosis/lumbago/sciatica (Life Science Publishing, 2011, p. 2.11)
* Cypress: Uses: Diabetes, circulatory disorders, cancer (Jean Valnet, MD), grounding, stabilizing (Life Science Publishing, 2011, p. 2.31)
* Marjoram: Uses: Arthritis/rheumatism, muscle/nerve pain, headaches, circulatory disorders, respiratory infections, menstrual problems/PMS, fungal infections, ringworm, shingles, sores, spasms, and fluid retention (Life Science Publishing, 2011, p. 2.59)
* Rosemary: Uses: Infectious disease, liver conditions/hepatitis, throat/lung infections, hair loss (alopecia areata), impaired memory/Alzheimers (Life Science Publishing, 2011, p. 2.78)
* Cedarwood: Uses: Hair loss, arteriosclerosis, ADHD, skin problems (acne, eczema) (Life Science Publishing, 2011, p. 2.17)
* PanAway: (blend of Helichrysum, Wintergreen, Clove, and Peppermint) Uses: “Reduces pain and inflammation, increases circulation, and accelerates healing. It relieves swelling and discomfort from arthritis, sprains, muscle spasms and cramps, bumps, and bruises.) (Life Science Publishing, 2011, p. 2.122)
* Valor: (blend of Rosewood, Blue Tansy, Frankincense, Spruce, and Almond or Coconut Oil) Uses: “Balances energies and instills courage, confidence, and self-esteem. It helps the body self-correct its balance and alignment.” (Life Science Publishing, 2011, p. 2.133). Muscle relaxer, scoliosis/lumbago/sciatica
* Peace & Calming: (blend of Blue Tansy, Patchouli, Tangerine, Orange, and Ylang ylang) Uses: Promotes relaxation and a deep sense of peace and emotional well-being, helping to dampen tensions and uplift spirits. When massaged on the bottom of the feet, it can be a wonderful prelude to a peaceful night’s rest. It may calm overactive and hard-
to-manage children. It also reduces depression, anxiety, stress, and insomnia.” (Life Science Publishing, 2011, p. 2.122)
These EOs are available individually or at a special price when included in a kit. All of the EOs except for Marjoram, Balsam Fir, Oregano, Copaiba, and Helichrysum can be found in the Everyday Oils kit, Golden Touch kit, Raindrop kit, and Twelve oils of Ancient Scripture kit. You can buy them at wholesale or retail prices through this link. You will also want an Essential Oils Desk/Pocket Reference from Life Science Publishing to teach you how to use the EOs. Another great book is The Essential Survival Guide to Medical Preparedness. This book guides you to the procedures to take and which EOs/herbs to use for any medical situation you have to deal with on your own. I have been “oily” for a while, so please contact me to get started!
Are you prepared to take your health into your own hands?
PreppersWorld Fan Post By: Bethany Brown
*Special thanks to Bill and Carrie Liebich for helping me compile this list.
Chao, S., Oberg, C. J., & Young, D. G. (1998, Sep/Oct). Effect of Diffused Essential Oil Blend on Bacterial Bioaerosol. Journal of Essential Oil Research(10).
Chao, S., Young, G., Oberg, C., & Nakaoka, K. (2008, November/December). Inhibition of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) by essential oils. Flavour and Fragrance Journal, 23(6), 444-449.
Life Science Publishing. (2011). Essential Oils Desk Reference. Special 5th Edition. United States of
Nowadays, some people become constrained when trying to get medications from the Web because they don’t know what is existing. According to statistics, it is not so easy to find reputable source. So itn’s no wonder that internet drugstores have grown in popularity over the last years. Well-known are medications which are used to reduce treat pain caused by lower back hurt etc. There are varied medicaments for each diseases. Cialis is a medicine prescribed to treat various ailments. What do you have to read about cialis online usa? What customers talk about buying cialis online? Many sure the forcefulness of Cialis is well documented. Absolutely, sexual disorders can boost circulation and reaffirm the joys of living. Certain far-famed medicines can mean screwing with your hard-on. Luckily, most cases of sexual dysfunction are treatable, so it is momentous to share your concerns with your partner and physician. At present, there are varied options for folk who suffer from this heartiness problem. Patients should always ask pharmacist for medical advice about the treatment. Throw away any remedy that is outdated. For instance the liquid remedies if possible must be kept in the cool place, but other may be stored at room temperature.